Friday, June 12, 2009

new copy final essay

Looking back at the year we had and trying to understand what a good and meaningful life was, I feel that the only way a person can determine whether or not they are living a good and meaningful life truly depends on them. We cannot evaluate another person’s life and say yes their living a meaningful life or not. I think the only time one is truly living a good and meaningful life is when we are younger. I say this because when we are younger we are who we are 100%, we aren’t doing things to impress people, fit in, stay in shape physically, were just regular human beings enjoying life the way we should be. I think this is important because as we get older we begin to allow others to think for us or miss lead us to things - these others are who are involved in the advertisement of the media and pop culture. We see things that pop culture display and say we need etc, and changes who we are. They also put images of those who are on magazines who are betrayed to be either sexy, handsome, physically fit, acne free. Then the average person tends to alternate their views to become or live this fantasy life that they see celebrities and other rich people living. But they fail to realize that being themselves is the most genuine thing to do and not changing to become someone but maybe changing to better themselves and help them live a more meaningful life.

To me a good and meaningful life means enjoying every aspect of life, be aware or you’re mental and physically body. Also being connected with family and friends, it’s important to have a connection with your family because then you become aware of your personal values and morals. This is meaningful to me because you have a sense of where these values were derived from and determine whether they are good or not depending on my values now that I have grown older and can think of things for myself. Things that have stuck with me that my parents have taught me are to have good manors, be true to yourself, and do your best. Also learning from my mistakes and learning how to get through obstacles allow me to become more mature.

Living a good and meaningful life can mean eating healthy, being aware of your true feelings at all times, taking part in fun filled activities (sports, swimming, art, music etc.), being aware of your body, taking part in good causes, giving back to your community, things like that can allow you to have a good and meaningful life. I’m not saying a person should have to do all of these activities listed, but understanding the value of how it can help you is good as well. You don’t have to work out to be fit, you don’t have to be on a diet to eat healthy, but it’s the decisions you make that can help you enjoy food and not be over weight.

The new unit we have been discussing has been about the collapse soon to come. I think before this collapse arrives I want to have either achieved most goals in my life, over come fears, and be living a good and meaningful life. Although the majority of our society will be wiped away, I feel that accepting the situation is better rather than trying to avoid it or covering it. Because if we are able to accept it than just maybe we could be able to get through it, or create new ideas so that we can survive.

To finish this up in order to live a meaningful life I believe that a person needs to be willing to understand his or her errors in order to become a better personWhile being in this class it has opened my eyes to so many things. When I first took this class in 11th grade I thought this was some crazy stuff. But I learned to accept the things I learned and actually have grown to like it a lot. I can honestly say that besides gym class history class has been my favorite class. Writing this is meaningful because I can honestly say I want to pursuer philosophy classes in college since it actually interests me. I doubt I will get a steady job off of this so I’m not majoring in it. Life is meaningful depending on how you play things out. Do you want to do what you’re always told or do you want to learn new things take risks and think outside the box? I’d rather try and reach my dreams and goals than to end up doing some crumby job that gets me a lot of money that I don’t appreciate or makes me happy. Life is something that should be appreciated and not wasted we all are born, grow older, and eventually die don’t die without doing something meaningful with your life as long as it’s meaningful to you than you should be fine.

No comments: